Pages

Friday 14 September 2012

A Time of Balance and Reflection

Recently the Dalai Lama made a post to Facebook that seems to have resonated with most everyone I know. It goes as follows:

"All the world’s major religions, with their emphasis on love, compassion, patience, tolerance, and forgiveness can and do promote inner values. But the reality of the world today is that grounding ethics in religion is no longer adequate. This is why I am increasingly convinced that the time has come to find a way of thinking about spirituality and ethics beyond religion altogether."
His Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama, September 10, 2012

Of all the major religious leaders in the world today, the Dalai Lama's message of universal peace and compassion resonate the most with me. This statement above comes as leaders in the religion I grew up in condem the works of the modern world more and more. This condemnation just makes them seem more out of touch with the world than they already are perceived as being.

The Dalai Lama's comments combine with the approach of Mabon and its emphasis on balance in life and self reflection make this an especially personal Mabon for me. I have come to find out that my other half is incredibly supportive of me Pagan leanings. (I think it helps that his aunt is Pagan.) I do feel that in many aspects od my life I have been blessed.

Last year I wanted to start observing Sabbats on a more regular schedule, rather than when I remember to. I think first I need to bring the Goddess and God into my life more. Previously I was envisioning grand rituals honoring each sabbat, but I think finding ways to incorporate the Lord and Lady into my daily life is a smarter decision. As I was always told, "start small and work your way up."

With this mindset I want to find some small ways I can incorporate Mabon into my normal life at this time of year. Given that I have been working on getting my boyfriend's kitchen into more of a "witchy" atmosphere I don't think this will be very hard. 

Mabon Altar

No comments:

Post a Comment