Pages

Saturday 15 September 2012

Opening the Book

As Autumn is arriving and the house has been cleaned, there is an energy in the air that has my creative and spiritual juices flowing.

For the past few days I have been working on a painting for my boyfriend for his birthday this weekend. I'm really proud of what I accomplished in it. When I finished the piece today I had excess energy and momentum left over from it. In addition, I recently brought back several of my books on paganism and magic and have been feeling drawn to the subject matter contained within them. Thus upon finishing the painting I started doing research on various magical and spiritual topics.

I started by researching Mabon practices and rituals and found myself moving onto an article about how to create a Book of Shows while being a broke college student. This article got me thinking about my own BoS and my desire to have one. Now I do have a book into which I started writing my BoS two years ago. But so far all I have in it is the Wiccan Reede and the Charge of the Goddess. It's a good start, but I'm stumped on how I want to organize it and this is why I have not progressed further on it. However, after reading Luna's article I have a few ideas for going about collecting the information and starting my BoS while still giving myself time to decide on how to organize the written version. So Now to make a digital BoS and figue out what exactly I want in my written BoS.

No comments:

Post a Comment