Pages

Monday 29 October 2012

As the Veil Thins

As the days grow closer to Samhain I can feel it. I awoke this morning with a cheerful disposition and found that it was pleasantly foggy and misty outside. Just my kind of morning. That is one thing I miss about being up north in Washington, the cool mornings where curling up with a warm tasty beverage and reading were the thing to do. However, rather than reading books this year I have been reading up on Samhain traditions and am trying to plan another ritual. However, this year's ritual will not be as extravagant as last year's was due to the confined quarters in which I currently reside. I don't know how well the roommates would respond to me doing a full on ritual and I wouldn't be able to have the privacy or quiet I would need for such an undertaking. So the most I am going for will be meditating on my loved ones who have passed, creating a small altar for them, most likely baking something, and doing a tarot reading.

Speaking of rituals, I actually came across and new incense that's perfect for rituals. It's the Sapphire—Devotion one from Magnifiscents. It blends wonderful scents of sandalwood, clove, benzoin, and spices that reminds me of my favorite occult shop. Ideally I'd love to make my own incense, but f that's not an option, this one is a great filler. Also sandalwood is used for purification, clove is useful for vision and cleansing, benzoin provides focus, and spices add to the mystery of the divine. I also believe that incense is a great way to represent air and to induce meditation.


If I don't write again, have a blessed Samhain.

No comments:

Post a Comment