Pages

Thursday 28 February 2013

The World Awakens

The wheel turns and the seasons change. The light that returned to the world at Imbolc has grown and the signs of new life are everywhere. I love love watching the trees outside my house at this time of year. They blossom and then the petals fall off only to be replaced by new leaves. All the new green and freshly opened flowers tell me one thing: Ostara is on the way.

Living in the Bay Area, we barely have what most people would call a winter. The trees barely loose all their leaves before they start to regrow them. But our elongated spring has one advantage, we can easily take note of all the little changes occurring in nature without being overwhelmed by them. And this year I have been making an extra effort to notice these small changes in the world around me. As a result, I am mildly consumed by an interest in having a really good Ostara celebration this year. In fact, it mirrors the same drive I had to celebrate Mabon six months ago. And that seems fitting to me.

Scouring the web and any books I don't have packed away in another state for Ostara ideas has been very fulfilling. Although I've mostly come across topics saying to paint eggs, hold an egg hunt, etc., there have been a few interesting ideas. Planting seeds during ritual, making an offering spot in your garden, remembering Persephone's return from the Underworld have all been ideas that have interested me. Especially the planting and gardening. (I have been wanting a garden for many years and actually have an idea on how to have a successful window garden that is cat proof.)

We'll just have to wait three weeks and see where the Goddess guides me.


No comments:

Post a Comment